Want a great way to reward your loyal salon or spa clients while keeping them coming back for more? Consider a client rewards or loyalty program. It’s a fantastic way to thank longtime customers and to incentivize new ones.
The way a rewards program works is that your clients have the opportunity to accumulate points for every salon purchase that they make, whether it’s a service or product. They can later redeem these points in your salon or spa for other products or services. It’s a great way for salons to keep clients happy, all while giving them an incentive to spend more. That way everybody wins!
When initiating a rewards or loyalty program, consider the following suggestions:
- Make it easy to enroll in the program and to accumulate points. Consider automatically enrolling clients, or certain customers, so they don’t need to opt-in.
- Be very clear about the value of points and the exchange rate. For example, with Rosy Salon Software’s Rewards program, one reward point is equal to one cent ($0.01) in future redeemable value. So, for every 500 points, clients have $5 in rewards to spend later. Naturally, you’d want to set some conditions such as when the rewards can be redeemed, if there is a minimum amount needed to cash in, and if specific products, services or even gift cards are eligible for the program or not.
- Let clients know how to access their rewards information. If nothing else, send out regular updates so customers know how many points they have earned and how they can cash them in.
- Next, outline ways that your clients can earn extra points beyond their regular service or product purchases. Consider offering points for:
- Referring a friend or family member
- Purchasing a membership or promotion
- Pre-booking appointments
- Using Online Client Scheduling
- Using Product Reservations
- Trying a new or specific service or combination of services
- Posting a salon or spa review online
- Donating to salon-supported fundraisers
- Reaching a particular milestone (like being a loyal customer for 5, 10, 15 years, etc.)
- Once you have your client loyalty program in place, be sure to let others know about it. Make it a point to notify your most loyal, long-term clients first. Thank them for their loyalty and initiate their opt-in for rewards. Next promote the program in your salon, on social media, and in mass email to your clients.
Offering a way for your clients to earn and cash in points will not only promote client loyalty but also incentivize them to spend more and use specific features (like online client scheduling). It may even help sway some customers to purchase products in your salon, versus online.
So, are you ready to initiate your salon rewards program? For Rosy users, startShare: