Having a payment processor with card-on-file and pre-authorization features is incredibly valuable to your salon or spa business. It’s more than just an assurance that you’ll receive payment for your salon’s products and services: these payment processing features save time and provide convenience for you and your clients.
Having your client’s credit card on file provides:
- Faster, more convenient checkouts at the front desk, no physical card needed
- Quick chairside checkout for deskless salons
- A way for families to pay using the same credit card
- Confirmation a card on file is valid using pre-authorizations
- A way to discourage late cancellations and no-shows
- The ability to take deposits
- Simplified recurring payments for memberships
- An easier path to online sales: gift cards, packages, etc.
From faster checkouts to fewer no-shows, a card-on-file feature is a must-have for any salon or spa. It’s the ideal way to streamline your business, place value on your time, and ensure payment for your products and services.
Data Safety & Client Concerns
One of the top reasons why some people hesitate to place a credit card on file is the fear of how secure their information may be. They worry that their card information is floating somewhere for everyone to see.
When it comes to holding a card on file and accepting credit card payments in general, data safety is essential for both the business and its clients. That’s why a fully PCI-compliant environment is so important. Of course, salons must do their part to keep their clients’ data safe, including completing the validation of compliance or paying PCI compliance fees to act as insurance.
As more salons require a card on file to book services, the topic of data safety comes up more often. To support you in that conversation with your clients, consider these talking points:
- Keeping a credit card on file does not mean your card number is available to everyone. In fact, only the last four digits of the card on file are visible to anyone.
- Whether adding your card information online or in person, our payment processing system provides point-to-point encryption.
- Our payment processing software, terminals, and practices in the salon are PCI-compliant – meaning they comply with strict Payment Card Industry Security Standards in handling cardholder data.
Consider these best practices for card-on-file use in your business:
- Make sure your salon or spa is PCI-complaint
- Have a detailed cancellation policy in place and provide easy access
- Share your cancellation policy with your clients and inform them of any updates
- Let your existing clients know about the option to safely store their credit card information for faster checkouts, etc.
- Start requiring a credit card on file for all new clients and/or those who book online
- Implement a required deposit for time-consuming services (or as you see fit)
- Have a plan in place should a client have questions about your salon’s credit card processing policies or the safety of their data
If you have any questions about credit card processing, data safety, or how to become PCI-compliant, contact our payment processing experts at (877) 346-7679 x4.
You might also like: