Yes, the holidays are coming up quickly! You know – that crazy-busy time of the year we all need, want, and even fear a little bit. It’s easy to get overwhelmed and come unraveled, so we put together a holiday checklist to help you check off some of the tasks now and ensure smooth sailing come late November.
WEEK 1 – Watch Video
YOUR HOLIDAY CHECKLIST
- Schedule a meeting with your distributor rep to find out what holiday promotions are coming.
- Review placed orders from last holiday season to see what quantities you ordered, any reorders compared to items sold, and what you had left over.
- Place your holiday promotional items separately from your regular salon retail/back bar orders for easier tracking.
- Run a retail sales report with dates from last holiday season, filtering hair, skin, and body care promotions to see how much was sold.
- Take inventory of physical gift cards and order more to stay stocked.
- Plan holiday business hours if you expect to extend or close for any days.
- Update your holiday hours on social media, Google, website, etc., plus list on newsletters, seasonal emails, etc.
- Think through your holiday schedule from a staffing perspective: hours, people to staff, etc.
- Assign a planning committee for decorating the salon, promoting on social, etc.
- Deep clean your salon space.
WEEK 2 – Watch Video
- Create Promotions to make it easy to recommend gift sets at checkout
- Enable online gift cards and create packages for easy gift-giving.
- Share the link to your holiday packages and gift cards on your social media, newsletters, emails, text marketing, email receipts, and in the salon.
- Update your website to support your holiday initiatives.
- Set up deposits
- Update your cancellation policy to prevent no-shows and last-minute cancellations
WEEK 3 – Watch Video
- Give service providers access to the Sales Analysis report to track their personal performance.
- Set up daily goals in the employee profiles and track via the service provider weekly and monthly tracking reports.
- Offer double rewards days.
- Create a team incentive or contest.
Sharing is caring – tell other salon owners how you plan a successful holiday or share ideas about what worked for you in the past. Drop a comment below.
For help with any of these features, please visit our Help Center.